How to Help: Volunteer
Volunteering for the Conservation Council for Hawai‘i can be a fun and rewarding experience for you, and it would mean a lot to us. Our staff is small, and we depend on the kōkua of volunteers to help at special events, host tables at community events, mail posters to the schools, and help run the office smoothly. Here are just a few of the jobs for which we would welcome your help:
Please Contact Us if you want to help.
- Attend interesting and fun community events and host the CCH table; meet new people, recruit new members, run games for kids, sell CCH products, pass out newsletters and posters.
- Organize a beach clean-up or reforestation project in your community. CCH will supply the people power, equipment and supplies, and snacks and refreshments.
- Organize a mailing pizza party at the CCH office, invite your family and friends, and help CCH mail posters to the schools, new-member packets, invitations, and donation appeals; CCH will cover the pizza.
- Donate your bookkeeping and accounting skills.
- Help us create and maintain filing systems and keep us organized!
- Write letters to the editor and opinion pieces for the newspapers supporting CCH positions.
- Testify in person or submit written testimony on bills CCH is tracking in the Hawai‘i state legislature.
- Help remove invasive species and plant native species in areas CCH is restoring.
- Host a table at an Earth Day event in your community. CCH will provide wildlife posters, newsletters, educational materials, and other give-aways.
- Scan slides of native Hawaiian plants and animals, and set up an image index.
Background photo courtesy of Dr. Laura Brezinsky